Volunteer at Moon
Volunteers are a big part of what makes Moon Township Public Library wonderful. We have volunteers who clean, make repairs, prepare books for circulation, and even teach classes. If you’re a fan of the library and want to give back, a proud Moon Township resident looking to contribute to your community, or considering joining the library, nonprofit, or education career fields, this is a place to get involved.
Want to volunteer? Great! Apply here.
Work for Us
Open Position: Circulation Desk Clerk
12-15 Hours Per Week
- The Circulation Desk Clerk provides direct assistance to patrons, ensuring a smooth delivery of all library services, while completing basic clerical & circulation tasks as needed.
- The Circulation Desk Clerk position requires 12-15 hours of work per week, including daylight, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Reports directly to the Customer Service & Circulation Manager.
- Provides direct support to patrons
- Checks patron materials in & out using circulation software
- Answers basic reference and readers’ advisory questions
- Assists with basic use of library equipment (i.e. computers/printer/fax/copier)
- Places holds on requested items
- Completes ILL requests
- Issues & renews library cards
- Completes general circulation duties:
- Completes daily holds paging lists
- Retrieves outside drop box for check-in
- Pages/shelves materials
- Inspects materials for damage/missing parts and makes repair/replacement recommendations as needed
- Communicates with patrons in-person and/or via telephone as needed
- Others as assigned by Customer Service & Circulation Manager
- High school diploma
- General computer & Microsoft Office Suite Knowledge
- 1-2 years customer service preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend to low shelves, and lift 20+ pounds
Submit a letter of interest and resume to our Library Director Heather Panella (email@example.com) or in person at the Circulation Desk.
We accept money donations both in person and online. If you want to give us a check, address it to Moon Township Public Library and either mail it to us Attn: Heather Panella or hand it to a staff member in person.
Donate online via Allegheny County Library Association’s Website.
Use Amazon? Go to www.smile.amazon.com and set Moon Township Public Library as your charity recipient. A portion of all of your purchases will be matched by Amazon and given to the library.
Honorariums & Memorials
If you have a loved one who passed away or a friend graduating college, we offer a way for you to honor their legacy and achievements. By donating at least $20 in a person’s name, you can add books, movies, or CDs to the library’s collection for other people to enjoy.
When you create an Honorarium or Memorial, you choose the subject matter you’d like to feature and our staff picks items to purchase in your honoree’s name. A donation plaque with the honoree’s and donor’s names is placed inside every purchased item before it is added to our collection.
Start your Honorarium application or your Memorial application now. Your application will not be considered complete until we receive a payment of at least $20 for the item purchase(s).
Buy from Moon
Note: Some purchases are subject to sales tax.
For Sale at the Library
New release books: $2
Hardcover books: $1
Paperback books: $1
Mass-market paperback books: $0.25 to $0.50
Children’s books: $0.50
Oversize/Coffee Table Books: $5
Vintage books and vinyl records: $1 and up (individually priced)
Movies & Audiobooks: $1
Tote bags: $8
Sarris candy bars: $1
Sarris chocolate pretzels: $2
Chips & cookies: $0.75
Book Bundles are tote bags filled with at least 5 books, CDs, games, or movies by a single author or on a particular theme. Past Book Bundles include big authors like James Patterson and Danielle Steele, nonfiction books about STEM or art history, themes like YA Favorites and Historical Romances, and bundles like Disney Princesses and Eric Carle for kids. Occasionally you can Build a Bundle by selecting 5 books on the designated table.
Book Bundles are sold in our library, bag and all, for $10 each.
Spring Book Sale
Every spring, Moon Township Public Library holds a sale in our Sky Room over a three-day weekend. Items for sale include books, movies, music, audiobooks, art and crafts.
Friends of the Library Book Sale
The Friends of the Library hold a used book sale for one week every September for discounted prices. Find out about the 2019 book sale on our blog.