Meet Madison. Madison loves the library. Every Tuesday, Grandpap brings her to Storytime with Miss Megan and then she plays with blocks with all of her library buddies. Her mom borrows lots of books and reads to her every night.
- Children whose parents read to them tend to become better readers and perform better in school, according to the National Center for Education Statistics.
- Reading to toddlers prepares them for school, during which they will need to listen to what is being said to them (similar to what they do while being read to.)
- When read to, children are able to experience the rhythm and melody of language even before they can understand the spoken or printed word.
Together let's make every child ready for Kindergarten.
Support Moon Township Public Library!
- $25 purchases 2 picture books
- $50 can create a puppet kit
- $100 buys craft supplies for Storytime for one month
- $500 underwrites a special library program
- $1,000 purchases a database for homework help