If you would like to support the important services that Moon Public Library provides, there are many ways for you to get involved:
Join the Friends of Moon Public Library
The Friends of Moon Public Library is a community organization that believes that promoting reading promotes learning. The Friends raise funds for special projects and actively support and promote interest in the library because they believe that the library is a very valuable community resource.
Joining the Friends is a great way to help the library and add to the success of its programs. It is also a great way to meet new people and have lots of fun!
Annual Events Sponsored by the Friends
- Annual Book Sale
- All About Chocolate Fundraiser
- Volunteer Luncheon
Activities and Purchases Supported by the Friends
- Furniture and equipment for the library
- Programs and storytimes
- Books and audiovisual materials for the library collection
- Annual Battle of the Books Competition
- Annual Summer Reading Program
- Annual Volunteer Luncheon
- Emergency "extras"
Membership in the Friends is free of charge and anyone may join. Meetings, which are open to the public, are held at the library at 7:15 p.m. on the last Monday of every month, excepting one month during the summer. Officers of the Friends are:
- Ellen Northy (President)
- Rich Fuller (Treasurer)
If you want to join the Friends or you would like more information, please call Ellen at (412) 269-1048.
Volunteer Your Time and Talents
Moon Library has an active volunteer program that supports the staff in running the library.
Typical Volunteer Jobs
- Assist with children's craft preparations
- Process books
- Help with programs
- Sort donations for the Friends book sale
- Mend books
- Shelve library materials
- Clean and dust
- Teen volunteers must be in grades 6-12 and will only be accepted during the summer months of June through August. Please call the library at (412) 269-0334 for more information.
- Adult volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. Please call the library at (412) 269-0334 for more information.
- Fill out the Volunteer Information Sheet; this form can be picked up at the library or printed from our pdf file.
You can find volunteer opportunities at our Volunteer Match profile:
Moon Library accepts donated print and audiovisual items for the library collection and for the annual Friends book sale. The library also accepts monetary donations accompanied by a subject or title request in memory of or in honor of individuals. For further information see the Donations and Memorialspage.
Make a Monetary Contribution
Monetary donations to Moon Township Public Library are always welcome, appreciated, and tax deductible! You can either donate by several methods: mail, in person, or online.
United Way Donor Option
Moon Township Public Library is a member of the United Way. Designate Moon Township Public Library during your United Way Donor Option annual drive. Our donor code is 2237.