We are looking for a motivated library advocate to serve on the Moon Township Public Library Board of Trustees.
All applicants must:
- Live in Moon Township.
- Have an interest in the library and promoting libraries and a community asset.
- Able to attend monthly board evening board meetings as well as necessary committee meetings as scheduled.
- Willingness to devote time and effort to the duties of trusteeship and committee work.
General Overview of Responsibilities:
- Promote and advocate for the library in the community and in keeping abreast of the programs and services offered by the library.
- Support the basic tenets of libraries: intellectual freedom, freedom to read, confidentiality of patron records, library bill of rights, and public’s right to information.
- Attendance at monthly board meetings and preparing by reading minutes and other provided materials.
- Serve on committees and add expertise and leadership to the board.
- Aid in securing adequate funding for library operations while maintaining a clear picture of the library’s financial situation.
- Participate in ongoing strategic planning.
- Participate in ongoing fundraising campaigns.
- Other duties as stated in the bylaws, strategic plan, and Allegheny County Library Association Membership Agreement.
If interested, please send a resume and a letter of intent/interest to:
Moon Township Public Library
Attn: Heather Panella
1700 Beaver Grade Road, Suite 100
Moon Township, PA 15108
You may also fax your application to (412) 269-0136 with the subject “Board Application” or email Heather Panella (email@example.com) with the subject “Board Application”.