Moon Library is now hiring! We are looking to hire 1-2 Circulation Desk Clerks.
Open Position: Circulation Desk Clerk
15-20 Hours Per Week
- The Circulation Desk Clerk provides direct assistance to patrons, ensuring a smooth delivery of all library services, while completing basic clerical & circulation tasks as needed.
- The Circulation Desk Clerk position requires 15-20 hours of work per week, including daylight, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Reports directly to the Customer Service & Circulation Manager.
- Provides direct support to patrons
- Checks patron materials in & out using circulation software
- Answers basic reference and readers’ advisory questions
- Assists with basic use of library equipment (i.e. computers/printer/fax/copier)
- Places holds on requested items
- Completes ILL requests
- Issues & renews library cards
- Completes general circulation duties:
- Completes daily holds paging lists
- Retrieves outside drop box for check-in
- Pages/shelves materials
- Inspects materials for damage/missing parts and makes repair/replacement recommendations as needed
- Communicates with patrons in-person and/or via telephone as needed
- Others as assigned by Customer Service & Circulation Manager
- High school diploma
- General computer & Microsoft Office Suite Knowledge
- 1-2 years customer service preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend to low shelves, and lift 20+ pounds
Submit a letter of interest and resume to our Library Director Heather Panella (email@example.com) or in person at the Circulation Desk.